Over the years we are confronted with a great variety of methodologies and techniques. The experience with these different approaches resulted in a preference for agile management of processes. In the basis SCRUM is used, but in a pragmatic way so it will fit into other formal methods (like Prince) too.
The most important characteristics of the approach is:
· Work from total overview, know the environment.
· Determine the boundaries and create independent workstreams.
· Involve stakeholders at all levels, and disciplines. Operators and end users are important sources.
· Have short cyclic development sessions.
· Work use case based, use cases will deliver test cases, test cases will be used as design document.
· A workstream, scrum, will deliver a functional module.
· The scrum of scrums will have the oversight and handles conflicts.
· Cycles are maximized to 6 to 8 weeks, tracks over 6 months do not exist.
· And last but not least: keep it simple and less is always more.
Some other things which need attention are the process is not a deliverable, but a resource to establish the result. Documentation is key to evaluate and to validate the decisions taken.
Copyright © All Rights Reserved